Sunday, August 26, 2007

It Happened One Night

It Happened One Night
by DanceHallDrugx3
Laying in the grass, just staring at the stars, I found my mind wandering, wondering how you are.I hope that you are happy; I hope that someone cares -Because you know, forever, I will always be there.
I promised you a thousand times that you have my heart -No matter how far we may go, we're never that far apart.Life is cruel and life plays tricks, but we'll make the most of it;Together we stand, hand-in-hand, and that's something, I'll admit.
The grass was cold under my back, but I didn't really mind -I just let the memories take me back, as my body began to unwind;The tension just melted away, and for a time, I could smile -It was something so unfamiliarly pleasant; I hadn't felt that in awhile.
The stars, they twinkled absently, playing to their own beat -Just like the time when we danced, when our bodies did meet.Slowly we moved, our eyes locked, dancing hand-in-hand -No better moment I ever spent, no bigger prize I did land.
I tried to match each star, for each reason I loved you,But when I reached a million, I realized stars were few.They twinkled and they disappeared, making it hard to keep track -But my reasons, they did grow, as I kept looking back.
Your eyes showed me you care; your hands, they held me tight;Your words could quell my fears and tell me what's wrong or right.You kind heart let me in to a place no one dared to go,And in return, I loved you; I just wanted you to know.
Your smile brightened up my days when the world seemed so cruel -Your laughter made me giggle. not feel like the fool.You caring ways did catch me when I began to fall -Your loving manner broke right through my defensive wall.
Your jokes could make me laugh, I still hold each moment in time;Each precious gift you gave to me, I could never call them mine.For they were shared between two souls, bonded at the heart -A touch, a smile and a laugh; it was true love from the start.
So as I counted the memories, my phone began to ring -Never had a phone call brought such joy as yours could bring."Honey, I'm so sorry, I never meant for us to fight.Can you please forgive me? Without you, nothing's right?"
"I've been waiting for your call, hoping you still cared -""Babe, you know, I told you, I will always be there.""Then let's move on from this, and put the past behind.It's no use dwelling on mistakes, I have come to find."
"Honey, I'm so glad to hear it, because I have something to say -Remember what I said? It was just the other day?I told you that I loved you, and I would forever.So don't ever be afraid because I'll stop next to never.
"The call didn't last much longer; there was nothing left to say -But I learned something special and I learned it that day:No matter what happens, your heart may just be right.So I guess you could say I fell in love; It Happened One Night.

No comments: